Friday, April 11, 2008

Paper Pleating



Good morning everyone, here is my card for today! I have seen paper pleating everywhere these days and I thought I would give it a try! I am really happy with how my card turned out!


Of course, all the products are CTMH. The paper is from the Creative Basics Silhouette Collection. The cardstock is breeze. I used the Dimensional Elements Classic Alphabet and painted them with reinkers and I added glitter while the paint was still wet. The paper flowers are the Summer Poises. The stamp set is, Card Commentary.
Paper Pleating:
1. Cut a strip of paper, twice the size you want the finished length to be.
2. Use a scoring blade to mark the folds. I used 1", 1/2", 1", for the entire paper. (the size of your pleats will be determined by the measurements you choose)
3. Accordion-fold the paper along the scored measurements.
4. To keep the pleats in place, glue or stitch the pleated paper to your project.
* There are so many variations to these instructions and each will give you a different look. These are the simplest instructions that I found!* These instructions are from Papercrafts April/May 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card, I have never seen paper pleating before so I will just have to try this one. Thanks for your great blog.
Eliz.P

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger