Sunday, May 4, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten




This is my layout that I completed last night, while watching the Montreal Canadians lose to Philli!! I am laughing quietly up here, because Doug is a huge Habs fan and I like the Wings. Go Wings Go!!!! Anyways, about the page layout. Before Hannah even started school I ordered the School Zone paper pack, I thought that would be a very fitting paper pack for her first day of school. Well, when I got my pictures developed and started arranging my layout, School Zone was too overpowering. So I opted for the Simple Pleasures paper pack and stamp set Alfresco, and now the pictures are the vocal point. I am going to finish my journalling on the left hand page at the bottom, whenever we get our new printer.
I think that it is important to remember, that we want our pictures to be our vocal points, and sometimes you have to try several different papers before you get the look you want. I know that I always lay out my papers on a working surface and put my pictures on top of the paper. I try to envision what my completed layout will look like, and make sure that I like the colour combos. Sometimes, the paper that I had in mind does not work, and that can be very disappointing and frustrating. Usually, I just put that project a side and start something new. Eventually, you will come up with an idea that works!!
Happy Scrapping.
~Amanda

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger